coiffé avec les pieds du réveil

hunternet

France - French
Bonjour,

Simple curiosité linguistique, comment dit-on "se coiffer avec les pieds du réveil" en anglais ?

Je doute que "to get your hair dressed with the alarm clock's feet" constitue une réponse satisfaisante.

any suggestion ?

• Geordie_Wilber

Geordieland, Geordie (English of sorts!)
    Bonjour,

Simple curiosité linguistique, comment dit-on "se coiffer avec les pieds du réveil" en anglais ?

Je doute que "to get your hair dressed with the alarm clock's feet" constitue une réponse satisfaisante.

any suggestion ?
    Are we talking about the hairdo we wake up with?

Also, we use "to get your hair done" rather than "to get your hair dressed", even though you do actually go "to the hairdresser" :D

hunternet

France - French
    Are we talking about the hairdo we wake up with?

Also, we use "to get your hair done" rather than "to get your hair dressed", even though you do actually go "to the hairdresser" :D
    yes, that is the point, the hairdo when you wake up, which you forget to do because you're late and have to run to take the subway.
    is there a reference expression for this ? (not necessarily implying an alarm clock) :)

rosieg

English - British
    People also say "bed head" and Toni & Guy even sell a product by this name, I guess a kind of gel so that even people with lots of time can look carefully casual.

rosieg

English - British
    As an expression I'd say something like, I overslept this morning and went to work looking like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.

This mostly implies general untidiness as though one has been through a harrowing experience!

hunternet

France - French
    As an expression I'd say something like, I overslept this morning and went to work looking like I'd been dragged through a hedge backwards.

This mostly implies general untidiness as though one has been through a harrowing experience!
    hehe, funny, I could stand with this one. Maybe a bit too far for my hair today (the reason why i posted this thread) for which "bed head" could fit.

It may depend on how late you are...:)

< Previous | Next >