Collaboration: how to use "Oblige"?

ris_ez

Spain (Spanish, Catalan)
Hi,
this is my first thread after months looking for help in all wordreference forums. I hope I'm doing fine.

I'm writing a letter to a company to ask for, and offer, collaboration: my company and the other one manufacture similar products but different (somehow complementary) I try to say that if they are placed enquiries they can't serve with their own products, but could be served by ours, they can contact us, so we can try. I'm also offering the same treatment. Is it the correct to express it like this?

"Should you ever are placed inquiries of products we may serve, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be pleased to oblige you the same."

Your comments would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and see you!!

• Thomas Tompion

English - England
    Hi,
    this is my first thread after months looking for help in all wordreference forums. I hope I'm doing fine.

I'm writing a letter to a company to ask for, and offer, collaboration: my company and the other one manufacture similar products but different (somehow complementary) I try to say that if they are placed enquiries they can't serve with their own products, but could be served by ours, they can contact us, so we can try. I'm also offering the same treatment. Is it the correct to express it like this?

"Should you ever are placed inquiries of products we may serve, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be pleased to oblige you the same."

Your comments would be highly appreciated.

Thank you and see you!!
    Welcome to the forum, ris_ez

I'd put something like:

If ever you receive orders for products which you do not produce but know that we do, we'd be very grateful if you would send the customer our way. This is a service which we would be most happy to reciprocate, if the idea appeals to you.

tepatria

Canadian English
    "Should you ever have inquiries about products we may serve, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be pleased to oblige."

Welcome to this side of the forum, I hope you enjoy it. This is just a suggestion, how I would phrase this.

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    "Should you ever have inquiries about products we may serve, do not hesitate to contact us. We would be pleased to oblige."

Welcome to this side of the forum, I hope you enjoy it. This is just a suggestion, how I would phrase this.
    We don't serve enquiries or products much in BE. I was a little surprised to learn that you do. 'Should you ever...' is nice. I felt 'oblige' was rather vague, and the idea of reciprocation isn't there - what's going to be in it for them?

Dice9

Australia
    Our organisation wishes to request that should you have enquiries about products that you do not currently supply and you know that we do, that you forward those enquires to our sales department. And, as a reward to you we will reciprocate the gesture...

i

Q-cumber

I think "which you do not produce" part (or similar), as suggested by Thomas Tompion, is obligatory. Otherwise the addresse might get a feeling he is asked to share any orders he might receive, regardless on whether or not he produces the items ordered on his own.

ris_ez

Spain (Spanish, Catalan)
    Thank you all!!

I think I will use a bit of all of your suggestions for my final sentence. I tend to have some difficulties expressing myself and it's lovely to have your points of view.

Thomas, I think I've found the word to express serve the way I wanted: fulfill.

Thanks!

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    Thank you all!!

I think I will use a bit of all of your suggestions for my final sentence. I tend to have some difficulties expressing myself and it's lovely to have your points of view.

Thomas, I think I've found the word to express serve the way I wanted: fulfill.

Thanks!
    Yes, I think that's a good idea. I nearly used it in my suggested sentence, and can't remember why I rejected it.

< Previous | Next >