Color Yellow in Coldplay's song

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    Yellow can have positive aspects. Sunshine (and cartoon suns) are invariably pictured as yellow, which has connotations of warmth, happiness, etc.

As far as special meaning, the only thing I can think about is that "stars" might relate to what I mentioned above regarding the sun and sunshine. In teh case of light (or starlight), yellow might be a "happier" color than red or blue or white...

shazzidy

England, English
    and here I am..... coldplay's number one fan and even I cannot answer this.
    I am guessing there may actually be no hidden meaning or substantial answer to this, it could be that Chris Martin decided to write a song and simply projected a "yellow" colour into the lyrics?

argentina84

Argentina Spanish
    I am guessing there may actually be no hidden meaning or substantial answer to this, it could be that Chris Martin decided to write a song and simply projected a "yellow" colour into the lyrics?

Perhaps, but the word "Yellow" makes it my favourite song, so I prefer to think it refers to the warmth and happiness reflected by the sunshine or the starlight, as Bibliolept suggested. It is more romantic!

Thank you all!