Colourful attire

nenig

Italian
Hi! I would like to organise a birthday party where the dress code is : wear colourful clothes. I was wondering whether there is an expression such as 'all white attire' or 'the white party' or 'all colourful attire'

Thank you

• nenig

Italian
    It is not a proper sentence. It would be like this on the invitation #bringyourswimsuit
    #colourfulattire

suzi br

English / England
    Hi! I would like to organise a birthday party where the dress code is : wear colourful clothes. I was wondering whether there is an expression such as 'all white attire' or 'the white party' or 'all colourful attire'

Thank you

I presume you have seen these "white" examples somewhere for a different sort of party - i.e. one with the opposite of a colourful dress code. I have never seen this #dresscode model myself, but your own idea "#colourfulattire" sounds ok - but is actually hard to read as one word, compared to #bringyourswimsuit which seems easier. I wonder if there are too many syllables in colourful?
    #brightclothes.

suzi br

English / England
    Edit to add - attire is a word we're used to seeing in the context of quite formal party invite in the UK. I am not sure if that is true for the rest of the English-speaking world.
    Where are you having this party?

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    As a hashtag, #colourfulattire I suppose roughly corresponds to the phrase "wear colourful clothes". :)

On the other hand, that in itself as a dress code is open to a rather subjective interpretation as to what it might or might not include.

nenig

Italian
    I knew that 'attire' is a bit too formal for this occasion . We will hold the party at our house, this means a pretty informal atmosphere but it is quite common to suggest a theme or giving hints about clothes to wear.
    I think 'brightcolours' sounds fine!
    Thank you very much!!