Come scalare la democrazia con 300 euro

Laura J

Italian
Hi! this is my first post, thanks for your time in answering
I would need to translate " Scalare la democrazia" - it's a text on politics. how would you translate it?
:idea: Thanks!

• Laura J

Italian
    "Come Scalare la democrazia con 300 euro" is the original sentence. Context is this political movement's way of achieving consensus, by using money. The sense is that by using very little money, they are growing in the eye of the public, and people follow them.
    I cannot find any translation I like and am stuck on this.

Starless74

Italiano
    Tradurrei quasi letteralmente How to climb democracy with [only] € 300.
    to climb something
    vuol dire "scalare" anche nell'accezione borsistica (to climb a company)
    e tale accezione si evincerebbe dal contesto.
    Ma attendi ovviamente qualche native speaker per sicurezza. :)

rrose17

Canada, English
    We often use the verb "to scale" when referring to mountains or other very large things. To climb democracy doesn't really mean anything to me. Does "scalare la democrazia" have a similar disconnect? Maybe more understandable could be
    Scaling democracy on 300 euros.
    Scaling the heights of democracy on 300 euros.

Laura J

Italian
    "
    We often use the verb "to scale" when referring to mountains or other very large things. To climb democracy doesn't really mean anything to me. Does "scalare la democrazia" have a similar disconnect? Maybe more understandable could be
    Scaling democracy on 300 euros.

Scaling the heights sounds good, also used for towers, and as you said, mountains. it's like visualizing democracy as an impervious height... it should do! Thank you all, very kind :tick::idea:

Tradurrei quasi letteralmente How to climb democracy with [only] € 300.
    to climb something
    vuol dire "scalare" anche nell'accezione borsistica (to climb a company)
    Ok, that's what I was thinking too, but democracy is a concept, so it didn't sound quite right to me.
    Thanks for your help!

< Previous | Next >