come the revolution, it all disappeared and why was that?

• Copyright

American English
    You really need to give us some context and background. We need to know what this refers to and where you found the sentence (I'm assuming it's a sentence, although it doesn't start with a capital letter.)

Also, please put your entire question, including the sentence in your subject line, in the body of your post. Thank you.

ladybugEnglishFan

Polish
    "Come the packaging revolution, that all disappeared and why was that?"This is the sentence. It's from an article about advertising and packaging. First it's written "Shoppers once could see what they were getting. Now as we know, packaging is bad for our environment and makes shopping more expensive. So can't we go back to our old ways and why the big change?".
    After the sentence it's written " Well, people were getting a bit wary about what the grocer was putting into his tea and so on. He was making up weights with sawdust"

ewie

English English
    Erm ... so this is the correct order then, is it?
    "Shoppers once could see what they were getting. Now as we know, packaging is bad for our environment and makes shopping more expensive. So can't we go back to our old ways and why the big change? Come the packaging revolution, that all disappeared and why was that? Well, people were getting a bit wary about what the grocer was putting into his tea and so on. He was making up weights with sawdust."

ewie

English English
    Come the packaging revolution just means "When the packaging revolution happened".

To be honest, LBEF, I'm not really sure what all that refers to ~ I find the whole passage kind of garbled and confusing. (Also Come the revolution is usually used to refer to future events: "Come the revolution, everything's going to change here", etc.)

Where have you found this?

< Previous | Next >