comer(se) los mokitos [moquitos]

aparecido

English - UK
I'm beaten; I've trawled the web and I've no idea..

comer(se) los mokitos/mojitos - slang clearly..

can anyone help?

• xinch14

Mexican Spanish
    en mi ciudad se usa "se estaba comiendo los mocos" para decir "no estaba poniendo atención", "estaba distraido".

Ejemplos: "El ladrón paso frente al policía y por estarse comiendo los mocos se le escapó"...
    "El maestro dictó la tarea y tú no la apuntaste por estar comiéndote los mocos"...

aparecido

English - UK
    It was used [andalucia] in the context..

predisponer a [alguna persona] a que se coma los mokitos y que no [hacer una cosa]

what you've already said makes some sense but, in the context, overall i'm still lost

aparecido

English - UK
    Having read your reply, which, in response to my first ever post, was impressively speedy, I think I've got the gist of the sentence.

I don't know if you're allowed/encouraged to swear on this forum but my translation of the overall phrase would be:

tell [the person] to go f**k himself/eat biological products and [not do something]

Please folks do continue to reply if you have anything to add. Whether I have the gist or not, this is fascinating stuff.. Long live language forums!! I hope in the future to be able to contribute more than ask...

rafajuntoalmar

Castellano (tanto argentino como peninsu
    Hello,

I believe the idea of "comerse los mocos" is that of doing nothing useful or desired (depending on the circumstances) when the circumstances demand them. For example, I remember having heard the expression with some frequency when I was a teenager in Argentina.
    Best,