Comics in greek

Raakajaska

Finnish
I need reading material. I assume you guys read donald duck over there? Or some other comic that would not be too awful (cant stand any manga shit)? Like making a subscription and getting the stuff on my iPad. I tried to google but that didnt get me very far. Some help plz?

• dmtrs

Greek
    The following link will get you to a site that is the Greek comics paradise to me.
    You can download comics (mainly in .pdf, .cbr and .cbz) that were published during the last 60 years or so.
    There are all kinds of comics -and, yes, you'll find Donald Duck!
    You need to register but it's free.
    Home | Αρχειοθήκη Κόμικς

Helleno File

English - UK
    The following link will get you to a site that is the Greek comics paradise to me.
    You can download comics (mainly in .pdf, .cbr and .cbz) that were published during the last 60 years or so.
    There are all kinds of comics -and, yes, you'll find Donald Duck!
    You need to register but it's free.
    Home | Αρχειοθήκη Κόμικς
    Unfortuately the Greek Comics Archive Forum just told me registrations are closed.

Can anyone suggest a Greek translation for the English phrase "guilty pleasure"?!

Astrix

Greek - Greece
    Unfortuately the Greek Comics Archive Forum just told me registrations are closed.

Can anyone suggest a Greek translation for the English phrase "guilty pleasure"?!
    I own several issues of Ten-Ten in Greek, I could scan it and upload on mediafire.

guilty pleasure = ένοχη ικανοποίηση/απόλαυση , I think it's adequate, word-by-word translation.

Last edited:

Astrix

Greek - Greece
    Just when you think it won't be a word for word translation in Greek - it is! Thanks Astrix.
    No problem. Indeed sometimes the translations are problematic especially when it has to do with things which are considered from a different point of view by different peoples. Like trying to find the 50 shades of white in the eskimo language.

There can be a number of approaches though. You can find the word-by-word translation and then search it over the internet or other text hosting site like archive.org to see whether it appears somewhere as an expression.

I always search the english word on etymonline and most of the times it comes straight forward from a greek word which may even not be in use in modern Greek. This can help the research.

The rule for modern Greek was to find again the lost ancient Greek word and bring it back in use instead of introducing foreign words.

So you may be looking for something that in modern Greek people do not know how to say it properly though they could use an older and more sophisticated term.

< Previous | Next >