coming climate change

< Previous | Next >

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise,

What is the suitable adjective to fit in the context below? It means that the climate change is here and become more and more evident.

Dictionary provides these options - start, take over, set in.

Thanks,

A.

Context: Rationale report to the act.

Water, as a natural wealth of the State, is an important raw material of a strategic significance, an irreplaceable component of the environment and of all living ecosystems, but also a raw material entering all technological processes and a limiting factor of permanently sustainable development of regions and the entire society. Given its sensitive predisposition to vulnerability, as well as the coming climate change and its expected negative impacts on the environment, waters included, it is necessary that the State protects, sustains and maintains its water resources as a valuable and irreplaceable raw material.

• Franco-filly

English - Southern England
    "the coming climate change" means "the climate change which is arriving / which is on it's way / which has been predicted (to happen)"
    as per this WR definition:
    coming adj.
    1. following or impending;
      next;
      approaching: the coming year.

apoziopeza

slovak
    I would like to express that the change is already happening. I used to verb form but I mean starting, taking over, setting in.

heypresto

English - England
    I don't fully understand what you mean by "Given its sensitive predisposition to vulnerability", but maybe 'as well as to the continuing effects of climate change . . . ' might work.

< Previous | Next >