Comma before present participle

Shadik hasan

Bangla
I cant get it, how present participles are used after comma.
If any one tell me how they are used, then it would be greater for me.

1.Cooper enjoyed dinner at Audrey's house, agreeing to a large slice of cherry pie even though he was full to the point of bursting.

2.“I drive through the electric gates of a three-acre estate, passing landscaped gardens before I pull up in front of a neocolonial mansion, parking beside a Bentley, two Porsches and a Lamborghini Spyder. Moonsamy, wearing jeans and a T-shirt, is waiting for me at the door.”

Q1.1.Cooper enjoyed dinner at Audrey's house and then agreed to a large slice of cherry pie even though he was full to the point of bursting?

Q2.2.“I drive through the electric gates of a three-acre estate and then pass landscaped gardens before I pull up in front of a neocolonial mansion, parking beside a Bentley, two Porsches and a Lamborghini Spyder. Moonsamy, wearing jeans and a T-shirt, is waiting for me at the door.”
Or, after passing landscaped...., then drive through....?

If possible give me some other examples. And write easy sentences so that, i can get it easily. Please.

• grassy

Polish
    1.1. I'd say the two were happening at the same time. This sentence has been analysed on the forum before, for example here: Functions of participle clauses

2.2. Yes, it seems reasonable to conclude that the person first drove through the gates and only then passed the landscaped gardens.

Shadik hasan

Bangla
    1.1. I'd say the two were happening at the same time. This sentence has been analysed on the forum before, for example here: Functions of participle clauses

2.2. Yes, it seems reasonable to conclude that the person first drove through the gates and only then passed the landscaped gardens.
    One question
    1.1.okay.

2.1. I knew, "passing the landscaped gardens, he drove through the gates" means first he passed the landscaped gardens and then drove through the gates. And therby "he drove through the gates,passing the landscaped gardens" means the same.

< Previous | Next >