Comme ça... (histoire de)

Adeat

français - France
Hello !

Comme puis-je dire "Comme ça...", sous-entendu "histoire de" quand quelqu'un pose une question comme ça, histoire de, c'est à dire que la question est posée histoire d'être posée d'un air nonchalant (dans ce cas, soit la personne qui dit ça le pense vraiment et ne s'intéresse pas vraiment à la réponse, soit elle dit ça pour faire croire qu'elle a dit ça innocemment alors qu'en fait elle a posé la question avec un grand intérêt). Je ne sais pas si je suis claire avec mes explications fouillis...

Pour faire plus simple, voilà le contexte :
"What do you think about her ? She's pretty, isn't she ?"
"Why do you ask me that ?"
"[comme ça...]

• DarkTeutonic

French - Canada
    They would probably answer something a bit different. The expression [histoire de ...] does not exist in English. You cannot use that word [history] in that sense and there is no direct translation either. You could say something similar like;

Yeah, I was curious. (Which is not the same obviously) or

Just like that, no reason (Like was said in the previous Post) or shorter version : No reason.

joelooc

French (Provence)
    Could "Casually" only be used in reported speech or could it work here as an answer?

Adeat

français - France
    Thank you ! "Just like that" and "No particular reason" were so obvious that I didn't even thought about it... You helped me a lot !

< Previous | Next >