comme des hommes prehistoriques au relent post-apocalyptique

< Previous | Next >

alren

French - English - Canadian
good afternoon, I translated it to Like prehistoric men with a whiff of post-apocalyptic. This sentence is to be written on leaflet. thanks in advance

• Novanas

English AE/Ireland
    Your translation is good, except that I would say, "Like prehistoric men with a whiff of the post-apocalyptic."

I have a hard time explaining why this "the" is necessary. It means "with a whiff of a post-apocalyptic element," which we express as "the post-apocalyptic". A very fine point.

alren

les artisans de Doedel vous emmenent a la decouverte de l element qui fit la difference entre l'homme et la bete: le Feu ... which I translated like following: the Doedel craftsmen bring you to discover the element that made the difference between the species of men and beasts: Fire hope that you understand what I mean and thanks again.

alren

les artisans de Doedel vous emmenent a la decouverte de l element qui fit la difference entre l'homme et la bete: le Feu ... which I translated like following: the Doedel craftsmen bring you to discover the element that made the difference between the species of men and beasts: Fire hope that you understand what I mean and thanks again.
    The following is the continuation of the preceding sentence.
    La compagnie Doedel se fait maîtresse du feu en confrontant les différents autres éléments comme l’eau, l’air et la terre, produisant ainsi un amalgame de couleurs. Au cœur de structures métalliques, un ballet chaotique accompagné du son des percussions, nous emmène à une apothéose visuelle et auditive.

The Doedel company becomes the master of fire, confronting the different other elements such as water, air and earth, thus, producing an amalgam of colours.
    A chaotic ballet, circled by metallical frameworks accompanied by the sounds of percussions, leads us to a visual and auditive apotheosis.
    Thanks again for your cooperation.

bh7

Canada; English
    I know you can't control your texts, but doesn't "post-apocalyptic" mean "after the Apocalypse", i.e., "after the end of the world, as we know it"? What does this give then: "like prehistoric man with an "after-the-end-of-the-world whiff/scent/smell"? That must be sth. really special that the Doedel Company has "mastered". A "chaotic ballet" indeed served up by a company whose name means "daft" in English!

Novanas

English AE/Ireland
    "Apocalypse" doesn't just mean the end of the world. The term is used somewhat loosely now to mean a huge disaster--a catastrophic world-war, e.g.

alren

"Apocalypse" doesn't just mean the end of the world. The term is used somewhat loosely now to mean a huge disaster--a catastrophic world-war, e.g.
    Good evening. Yes, I understood that the term Apocalypse meant the end of the world. Do you know if the rest of my translation is okay or if there are changes to be made. Thank you very much for your needed help.

alren

I know you can't control your texts, but doesn't "post-apocalyptic" mean "after the Apocalypse", i.e., "after the end of the world, as we know it"? What does this give then: "like prehistoric man with an "after-the-end-of-the-world whiff/scent/smell"? That must be sth. really special that the Doedel Company has "mastered". A "chaotic ballet" indeed served up by a company whose name means "daft" in English!
    Thank you for your informations but I agree with Seneca the Duck about what apocalypse means . As for the name of the company Doedel I tried to find the translation to daft and I didnt find it. I would like to know where you found it. Thanks

< Previous | Next >