commercial fortune = money acquired with a successful business?

Mezanie

Hungarian
Hello everyone! :)

This is from a video in which a British person talks about some kind of project he and other company owners did together:
"In the early '90s, my company got a new client, new client says, "we believe that we're going to make a commercial fortune." At the moment we are a tiny little company but we are convinced this is going to be a massive success. When the day comes, we achieve that success. We would like to be able to put our hand on our hearts and say we did it with our values intact with integrity, "Would you work with us to try to enable this to become true?" I caught, I mean, it's a wonderful dream project so I said yes, and together with my colleagues we worked with them for five years and they sold the company to Warren Buffett and made an enormous amount of money. I don't know how much."

What exactly does commercial fortune mean here? I mean, "commercial" means that something has something to do with trade but I don't think that's the case here. Does "commercial fortune" simply mean "a lot of money that one acquires with a successful business"?

Thank you for any replies in advance! :)

• Words 4 Ever! ❤❤😃

India - Tamil & English
    And for the actual reply:

I don't know but I think it means an commercial that had success or a successful commercial...

* Sorry if it's wrong*

Mezanie

Hungarian
    Thank you for your replies! :)

Words 4 Ever! ❤❤😃: If by commercial you mean advertisement I don't think that's what they mean here, but thank you nonetheless. :)

S1m0n: So it can only have something to do with trade? I mean, on the level of the words themselves it makes sense but I don't know why, it just feels a bit weird to me. Maybe it's just me.

< Previous | Next >