committente

viria

Italy - Italian
My friends, would you employ the term "Employer" in a contract where the collaboration is atypical?
What could be a better alternative, more generical? Actually in the Italian test it is used "Committente", since we are speaking of a simple "Conferimento di incarico"....

• Interpres

USA English
    Hi, here is a new question on "committente": does it have to mean "purchaser" or "buyer," or can it also refer to someone involved in the production of a good?

Grazie,
    Interpers

GreenThumb

English - UK
    Hi, need help with "committente"

"Il committente attribuisce ad [name of advertising agency] l’esclusiva per la realizzazione quanto concordato al punto 1 del presente contratto"

The committente is a buyer but is there not a better word for it in English? The contract is between a company 'buying' advertising services from a marketing communications company.

Thanks, much appreciated.

miri

Italy/Italian
    Hello Greenthumb and welcome!
    "Committente" is the client who commisioned the ad. Sometimes it is also called "the advertiser", which has a double meaning, though:it can refer to "l'inserzionista" (the company which entrusts the agency with the job) or to the copy writer or art director who actually prepare the ad.

miri

Italy/Italian
    Hi Spiritoso!:)

I think "client" is better than "purchaser", because the latter is like buyer. it is true that a committente is also a buyer since he buys a service from the advertising agency, but it is not the final customer to which "buyer" and "purchaser" usually refer to.

cap10

italian
    ciao,

devotradurre la frase "curare le comunicazioni fra il team e i committenti". I committenti in questione sono delle biblioteche che hanno commissionato un lavoro di catalogazione. "Purchaser" è adeguato?

grazie mille

london calling

UK English
    Committente = Cliente = Customer, almeno qui dentro (una grande società di ingegneria che vende i suoi prodotti a livello internazionale).;)

Se poi si tratta del cliente cosiddetto "finale", diciamo Final Customer.

maurni

English
    Per favore....
    How could I translate 'antichi committenti' into English? It is a passage about villas in Lucca - '...contiene oltre cento conche di limoni in terracotta con impressi gli stemmi degli antichi committenti...'
    I translate it as: contains more than 100 lemon trees in terracotta pots, imprinted with the coat of arms of _____________'
    Qualcuno può aiutarmi?

Holymaloney

English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Hi :)
    In this context committenti is simply the person/persons who ordered the terracotta pots to be made. We need to come up with an equivalent to 'client' that would fit the historical setting.
    I'm not feeling too inspired at the moment so let's see what the others think ;). In the meantime though, I'd suggest adorned with instead of imprinted with

King Crimson

Modus in fabula
    Italiano
    I agree with Holy:) that client could be a valid option in this context, but obviously saying 'ancient / old clients' would raise more than an eyebrow. But if these 'clients' were also the owners of the villas (as the reference to the coat of arms seems to imply) maybe we could sidestep this problem by simply saying 'original owners' or something to that effect.

Polpo_D

English ϟ USA
    I'm reviving this post to submit an entry.

I've been looking for the best English translation of this term. While many options listed above are suitable in other cases, in my case they're not adequate for the specific context. So I did a bit research and as far as "Contractual English" is concerned, I found these to be the best translations:
    entity that enters into a contract with a contractor or vendor and receives specified goods and/or services under the terms of the contract (such as a purchase order).

london calling

UK English
    I've been looking for the best English translation of this term. While many options listed above are suitable in other cases, in my case they're not adequate for the specific context. So I did a bit research and as far as "Contractual English" is concerned, I found these to be the best translations:
    Not sure about that. While I agree that 'contractee' means what the definition says it does where I work we would not refer to our 'committenti' as 'contractees', if not in legal papers.

< Previous | Next >