communal boot

yeyiboub

France
Hello everybody !

Could someone help me about this sentence (explanation or translation) :
"Yeah, I have a communal boot over here, you want to make a sandwich out ot that or should I just stick it directly up your ass ?"
This is an answer to the sentence "Go ahead, it's communal ketchup."
In fact, the character is saying that he hates everything that could be described as "communal", for example when you live with other people.

I would like to know why the word "boot" is associated to "sandwich", is there any play on word or anything else I didn't understand ?

Thank you in advance.

• MonsieurAquilone

NZ - English
    "Communal" shows that everyone uses it meaning that its exactly nice "up the ass. Boot is related with sandwich with regards to the issue of food with ketchup mentioned earlier.

yeyiboub

France
    But how would you translate "boot" in this case ? Do you think that I should keep "botte" in French, which I think will not really be understandable in this context ?

yeyiboub

France
    In fact, he's explaining that he hates living with other people, and this dialog is an example of what gets on his nerve when he has to be under the same roof as others.

yeyiboub

France
    Really difficult to translate... I'm gonna try to find a French equivalent or something.
    Thank you very much for your help
    I think I already have an idea of translation for this sentence. It's not a litteral translation but more general than boot...
    What do you think of "J'ai autre chose de commun, alors tu en veux dans ton sandwich ou tu préfères que je te le mette directement au cul ?" ?

JeanDeSponde

France, Français
    Il ne faut pas chercher une traduction en mot-à-mot, mais en paraphraser l'esprit; p. ex.
    "Ouais, et mon pied au cul, tu le veux nature, ou avec du ketchup communautaire ?..."

< Previous | Next >