communautarisme

orlando09

English (England)
I didn't say I personally necessarily think one leads to the other, I just said I wouldn't put it that communautarisme is the "opposite of multiculturalism", that's all.

• Nico2

English, U.S.
    Clearly these wouldn't correspond exactly to communautarisme, but in some contexts I think even these can work very well:
    special interests
    identity politics

Special interests is especially common U.S. political context; identity politics may be a tad dated but still relevant to so-called "culture wars."

orlando09

English (England)
    Clearly these wouldn't correspond exactly to communautarisme, but in some contexts I think even these can work very well:
    special interests
    identity politics

Special interests is especially common U.S. political context; identity politics may be a tad dated but still relevant to so-called "culture wars."

I don't think identity politics is dated, and I was thinking it's probably a good translation for 'communautarisme'

Nico2

English, U.S.
    You're right, it's not really dated. For some reason I think about the 1990s when I think about identity politics, but it's still current. I just heard it on the last episode of Samantha Bee :)