Como el último se olvidó de desconectar las máquinas

ineedhelpwithspanish

english
From Apocalipsis by Marco Denevi.

Please help me translate this phrase into english.
(This is only half of a sentence because the whole sentence didn't fit. The full sentence is: "Como el último se olvidó de desconectar las máquinas, desde entonces seguimos funcionando.")
I got: Like the last that forgot to disconnect the machines, then we follow function.
but that doesn't really make since.

• Rayines

Castellano/Argentina
    From Apocalipsis by Marco Denevi.

Please help me translate this phrase into english.
    (This is only half of a sentence because the whole sentence didn't fit. The full sentence is: "Como el último se olvidó de desconectar las máquinas, desde entonces seguimos funcionando.")
    I got: Like the last that forgot to disconnect the machines, then we follow function.
    but that doesn't really make since.
    Hello and welcome!: "As the last one forgot to disconnect the machines, since then we go on (?) functioning". :)

ineedhelpwithspanish

english
    Ok here's a little more:

Las máquinas terminaron por ocupar todos los sitios disponibles. No se podía dar un
    paso ni hacer un ademán sin tropezarse con una de ellas. Finalmente los hombres fueron
    eliminados. Como el último se olvidó de desconectar las máquinas, desde entonces seguimos
    funcionando.

spanishtoenglish

USA English
    This is the last sentence of a great story!!

"Since the last one [in the context of the story, the last human] forgot to disconnect the machines, we've remained on (continued running) ever since."

The most important word in the sentence is WE--the narrator of the story is introduced here at the end.

Rayines

Castellano/Argentina
    This is the last sentence of a great story!!

"Since the last one [in the context of the story, the last human] forgot to disconnect the machines, we've remained on (continued running) ever since."

The most important word in the sentence is WE--the narrator of the story is introduced here at the end.
    :thumbsup: