companies are faking growth with borrowed money

atakeris

Latvian
Hello,

Companies are faking growth with borrowed money.

Does this sentence sound logical? I want to say that companies borrow money to fuel their growth but in reality they are just borrowing from the future and have no growth.

• The Newt

English - US
    Either their revenues are growing or they aren't, so short of actual fraud I would say that "faking growth" isn't quite right. I understand the point that they're "producing unsustainable growth" (or maybe "producing near-term growth"), but I don't think you can use the word "faking."

atakeris

Latvian
    Either their revenues are growing or they aren't, so short of actual fraud I would say that "faking growth" isn't quite right. I understand the point that they're "producing unsustainable growth" (or maybe "producing near-term growth"), but I don't think you can use the word "faking."
    If I want to make a sensational title and write it in a bit figurative way? Would it make sense then?

RedwoodGrove

English, USA
    If the companies are producing the illusion of growth, then faking growth sounds pretty accurate. It's pithy as a title. So why not?

Edit: "Either their revenues are growing or they aren't, so short of actual fraud ..." I don't want to give legal advice but, yeah, one wants to avoid making false accusations.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >