Company amendment

Hotmale

Polish
Hello :)

what does exactly "amendment" mean in this sentence?

"Due to our company amendment in the European market we need a new staff. And now we are glad to offer you a vacant position of Financial Department Manager of ..."

Thank you

• Thomas Tompion

Member Emeritus
    English - England
    Hello :)

what does exactly "amendment" mean in this sentence?

"Due to our company amendment in the European market we need a new staff. And now we are glad to offer you a vacant position of Financial Department Manager of ..."

Thank you
    I think it must be a strange way of saying they have restructured their company for the European market. To amend is to make a small revision, or alteration, in something.

Matching Mole

England, English
    This seems to have been written by someone who doesn't have the greatest command of English. I can't think what the writer means by amendment in this context, and I would suggest that they have chosen the wrong word.

Hotmale

Polish
    Thank you both. Could the author mean that the company is going into the European market?

Matching Mole

England, English
    I'm afraid we can only guess. Perhaps "our company expansion in [or perhaps into] the European Market" is what is meant. "A new staff" seems odd, as this implies a complete replacement of all staff. I would say that this is extremely unlikely, and that "new staff" (without the "a") was intended, which would usually mean more staff. This would make sense if the company was expanding.