Company revaluation [stake revaluation]

f2design

italian
Good mornig,

I have to translate a sentence from Italian into English. If I want to speak about a financial revaluation of a company it is good to say: "stake revaluation in the Company Black&White"?
This is the translated English sentence:

"All future distributions of proceeds can be linked to the stake revalutation in the Black&White company". How it sounds?

Thank you very much for your help.
Have a nice day
Francesca

• boozer

Bulgarian
    I think 'stock revaluation' is the term you want:
    With respect, Estjarn, I don't think so. The question leaves me with the impression that the OP is talking about the venture capital and respective stakes of the several owners of the company, on the basis of which the company's profit is shared. I do not think this is about the valuation of public companies' shares...

EStjarn

Spanish
    You have a point, boozer, and I think it's likely you're right. However, the thread title says 'company revaluation'.

boozer

Bulgarian
    You have a point, boozer, and I think it's likely you're right. However, the thread title says 'company revaluation'.
    Haaaa, and you too have a point. :D Never noticed that (or completely forgot it after reading the question). Anyway, I don't seem to be able to think of a suitable combination, other than, say, redistribution of stakes or redistribution of share capital...

f2design

italian
    With respect, Estjarn, I don't think so. The question leaves me with the impression that the OP is talking about the venture capital and respective stakes of the several owners of the company, on the basis of which the company's profit is shared. I do not think this is about the valuation of public companies' shares...
    Right. I'm talking about venture capital, in particular private equity. The revaluation is linked to a part of the stakes. This capital gain is then distributed as proceeds to the shareholders of the Fund.
    I attempt another translation:
    "All future distributions of proceeds are due to the stake revalutation of Black&White company".

Thank youvery much for your help.
    f2design

< Previous | Next >