Computer tab

< Previous | Next >

polyglotwannabe

Spanish
Hi, dear friends:
I need to say this:
Sorry, I clicked on the tab ( the tab on a webpage) by accident.
My try Ich klicke versehentlich auf den Taste.
But I know Taste is a key on the keyboard and that is not what I mean)

Thanks,
poly

• polyglotwannabe

Spanish
    Thanks a lot, my good friend. Good to hear!.
    It is strange why the W.R dictionary does not carry such definition such as the one you have given me here.
    Just this:

(computing: page marker) (Computer)
    Registrierkarte Nf
    When I'm working, I find it useful to have all the different resources I use open in different tabs in my browser.
    which I knew was not the right translation for my idea.
    Thanks, kajjo.

Last edited:

Kajjo

So, Registerkarte or Reiter could also have been used in place of tab, which is, by all account an anglicized, right?.
    Tab is just an English word, for my feeling still closer to English then a real anglicism.

Registerkarte and Reiter are terms used in context of paper-based traditional files. They are not very common in modern computer technology, but convey a slightly old-fashioned way.

polyglotwannabe

Spanish
    Tab is just an English word, for my feeling still closer to English then a real anglicism.

Registerkarte and Reiter are terms used in context of paper-based traditional files. They are not very common in modern computer technology, but convey a slightly old-fashioned way.
    Registerkarte. So, I think the entry in the dictionary has been mispelt. I copied and pasted straight from the entry. I think it should be revised. It could mislead others as well.

berndf

German (Germany)
    So, Registerkarte or Reiter could also have been used in place of tab, which is, by all accounts an anglicism, right?.
    For a tab on an internet browser people mostly say Tab. For a tab on an Excel spreadsheet people mostly Reiter. I suppose it depends on the kind of user who typically uses an application.

Schlabberlatz

German - Germany
    a tab ( on a webpage)
    What is it? Is it the same as a link? Or maybe "on" is the same as "above"? :
    Just like tabs on a browser window, right?

View attachment 52441
    Or "on a webpage" = "in a browser window"?

click a tab
    First one tab is visible (in full), then you click another tab to make it visible?

click that tab on the paper left'
    What kind of paper?

polyglotwannabe

Spanish
    Thanks to you all. I'm looking in this translation for an informal tone, without bordering on slang or vulgar. Just not so formal, standard german or popular better than formal.
    But only yo know what sounds like more either one.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >