con los que han exhibido su arrepentimiento

< Previous | Next >

Jins Park

Korean
Hola,

Dos testimonios de los acusados determinantes con los que han exhibido su arrepentimiento pese a que su primera reacción tras la difusión del video y la denuncia del mismo fue más ambigua.

In the sentence above, how can I traslate 'determinantes' and how can I translate the whole sentence? It seems like there's no verb in this sentence.

Like 'Dos testimonios de los acusados determinantes' is the noun of the sentence, 'con los que han exhibido su arrepentimiento' looks a relative clause so that the verb here is not the main verb of the whole sentence.
'pese a que su primera reacción tras la difusión del video y la denuncia del mismo fue más ambigua.' this sentence gets -pese a que ~ - so the verb here also not the main one for the whole sentence.

Muchas gracias

• Cholo234

American English
    Yes, this sentence fragment with the preceding sentences appears below. What I don't understand is what determinante means in this context. Does it mean the testimonies were decisive factors?

"Quiero pedir perdón. Son imágenes duras, me arrepiento mucho, no puedo ni mirar el vídeo", ha declarado Sergi Enrich ante la jueza. Luna, su compañero, ha lamentado que nunca imaginó que "todo pudiera acabar como acabó". Dos testimonios de los acusados determinantes con los que han exhibido su arrepentimiento pese a que su primera reacción tras la difusión del video y la denuncia del mismo fue más ambigua.

"I want to ask for forgiveness. The images are harsh. I feel very sorry. I can't even look at the video," declared Sergi Enrich before the judge. Luna, his companion, has regretted that he never imagined "everything would end as it ended." (These were) the two testimonies of the defendants -- decisive factors with which they showed their sorrow -- although their first reaction after the video's dissemination and its reporting was more ambiguous.

Last edited:

Bevj

Allegra Moderata (Sp/Eng, Cat)
    English (U.K.)
    Dos testimonios determinantes - two crucial/key statements, perhaps?
    The testimonios are determinantes, not the acusados.

>>Edited to add another option

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >