Concerning examination officers...

Danae

Portuguese - Portugal
Hi everyone.

I checked on this website,
http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:UmSjaxnm830J:www.examofficers.org/client/redir.asp%3FContentid%3D116+%22Examination+Officer%22&hl=pt-PT&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=pt
and I didn't quite understand, I guess, what an examination officer is. Is it a person who goes through the exam paper, correcting it? Or is it anyone who's in the classroom, supervising the whole process of exams?

I found it hard to understand since I don't think there's such an officer in my country... I suppose it's quite typical in England.

As far as the "examination office personnel" is concerned, do they work in office or in schools? If you could help me with this, I d' be quite glad.

Thanks!:)

• bibliolept

AE, Español
    I believe that they are responsible for carrying out and monitoring the examinations. They function as exam proctors and probably have other duties.

From the same website:
    The Examination Officers' Association is an independent organisation whose role is to support professional development and represent exam personnel involved in the operation and administration of exams in centres.

Danae

Portuguese - Portugal
    Thanks for your suggestion. I agree with you and believe their duties are not that specific afterall.

When, in the quote, the word 'centres' is mentioned, I suppose it covers a lot more than schools, but specific offices designed to host all types of education exams...:eek:

ayupshiplad

Scotland, English
    Really? Maybe it's a complete BE/AE difference because I've never heard anyone say 'examination officer', though obviously I understand the term. Hmm...

< Previous | Next >