concrete football/soccer field?

Copyright

American English
I've always thought of it as a football field no matter what the surface material. (Disclaimer: I'm not a football player.)

(Note: if you don't get the image, just imagine any playground soccer field painted on concrete or asphalt.)

Last edited:
American English
I didn't see a picture at the link.

You didn't say what kind of "football" you propose to play on a concrete field. I can't imagine playing American, Canadian, or Australian football on a concrete surface. Football players have to be a little crazy, but anyone who would be willing to play football on concrete or asphalt should be committed forthwith.

sound shift

English - England
Fabulist, the type of football is specified: the title includes the word "soccer". Redgiant also includes the word "football" because over here "football" is the usual word for what you call "soccer".

Matching Mole

England, English
Well, as we generally call a "football field" a pitch in British English, and pitch doesn't refer to the surface, we would still call this a pitch. To differentiate on the basis of surface, we would have to name it (e.g. concrete pitch):
Getting tripped on a concrete pitch isn't fun
On a bumpy concrete pitch still wet from overnight rain, a pick-up game of football is under way