concur with the suggestion

< Previous | Next >

Roundhouse

Bengali
I am trying to say that one set of authors agree with the suggestions of another set of authors. But I can't seem to be able to put in the right words.

Here is the sentence:

Bishop and Burleton (2009) propose three macro-level indicators, and Medow, Davis, and Hjartarson (2011) concur with the suggestion, that can considerably improve the program's ability to measure a worker's employment prospects in a given region.

Problem is, the parenthetical clause seems like Medow, Davis, and Hjartarson just simply agrees with Bishop and Burleton. In their paper, Medow, Davis, and Hjartarson cites the work of Bishop and Burleton. I need something stronger than "concur" or "agree".

• WestSideGal

English, US
    Why not split it and make it two sentences? Bishop and Burleton etc.... PERIOD However, Medow, Davis and .....

I've edited many a scholarly article and have run into the same problem. Make it simple and then the message is clear. Longer sentences make it confusing.

I don't know what level of "strength" it is you need in a word or phrase to say that the two findings agree. Split the two and see what you come up with. That would be my humble opinion.

< Previous | Next >