conduite en état d'ébriété


Senior Member
Français. Québec¸Canada.

Voici ma phrase en français pour le contexte :

Il a été arrêté pour conduite en état d'ébriété /avec les facultées affaiblies.

Et ma traduction anglaise :

He was arrested for drunk-driving / drink-driving / impaired driving.

Est-ce correct?

Vos suggestions svp (réponses AE et BE si différentes)

  • wildan1

    Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    drunk driving is only a conversational way to say it in North America. I believe BE uses it as a legal term--but wait for a Brit to weigh in.

    Legally in North America, it is called either driving under the influence (DUI) or driving while intoxicated (DWI). Different jurisdictions assign specific meanings and blood alcohol levels to each category, but DWI is more serious (the driver is drunker!) than DUI.
    < Previous | Next >