Confirmation e-mail

Sextus

Spanish
I must know if a guy is definitely going to participate in a conference I'm organizing, so I intend to send him the following e-mail. I'd like to know if there's any serious mistake:

"I’m writing to you because I’d like to know if you could confirm your participation in the conference on Descartes. Although there are still almost eight months before the conference, at the moment I’m trying to determine the exact number of participants so as to calculate the number of days of the conference. Thanks for your help."

Cheers,

Sextus

• lunatiqfrinj

British English
    My version:

"I’m writing to you because I’d like to know if you could can confirm your participation in the conference on Descartes. Although there are still almost eight months before the conferenceThough the conference is approximately 8 months away, at the moment I’m trying to determine the exact number of participants so as to calculate the number of days ofover which to hold the conference. Thanks for your help."

on:
    If Descartes is a PLACE where the conference will be held this should be IN
    If it is a topic, subject or person that the conference will be ABOUT, then leave it as ON

< Previous | Next >