Confirmation of receipt of documents

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by jwintim, Nov 6, 2017.

1. jwintim New Member

English - US
    Hi,
    I would like to send an email to confirm that someone received documents that I mailed them. Can someone help me say:

As discussed during our meeting on October 2nd, I mailed the additional documentation required and it should have arrived October 24th. Please confirm receipt of the documents.

Thanks!

2. Paulfromitaly

Paulfromitaly MODerator

Brescia (Italy)
    Italian
    Hello

How would you say it?

3. jwintim New Member

English - US
    I came up with

Come richiesto durante il nostro incontro in data 02 ottobre 2017, ho spedito la documentazione aggiuntiva richiesta. I documenti dovrebbero essere stati ricevuti il 24 ottobre. Si prega di confermare ricezione dei documenti.

But I was hoping to get something that sounded more professional and less like a child wrote it. haha.

thanks

4. Holymaloney

Holymaloney Senior Member

Italy
    English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Hi and welcome :)
    There's nothing wrong with your attempt jw ;) but I'll offer an alternative :
    Come richiesto durante il nostro incontro in data 02 ottobre 2017, ho spedito la documentazione aggiuntiva richiesta. Si prega di fornire cortese conferma a ricezione avvenuta degli stessi
    I've simplified it by removing the bit in which you state that they should have received the documents on 24/10 as it seem a bit wordy to me :). In my sentence you're just asking them to confirm receipt of the documents (regardless of when they receive them). There are actually a load of ways to say this, so let's see what the others come up with ;)

5. jwintim New Member

English - US
    Thank you for the response and help! I certainly appreciate it.

If anyone else has any other ideas I would love to learn more.

Thanks

6. Tellure

Tellure Senior Member

Italy
    Italian
    :thumbsup: Sottigliezze. Spero non ti dispiaccia. :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  7. Pietruzzo Senior Member

Salento (Italy)
    Italian
    Sarebbe "conferma della ricezione", non "a ricezione". Si parla di un'email già inviata. Io però sarei meno prolisso! "Si prega/vi prego di confermarne la ricezione".

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  8. Holymaloney

Holymaloney Senior Member

Italy
    English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
    Affatto Tellure ;) Grazie :D! E grazie anche a Pietruzzo ;)

9. Eqmeliten Member

English - USA
    The classic, and elegant, phrase is "cenno di riscontro" That is, "Attendo Suo cortese cenno di riscontro."