Confirmation of receipt of documents

jwintim

English - US
Hi,
I would like to send an email to confirm that someone received documents that I mailed them. Can someone help me say:

As discussed during our meeting on October 2nd, I mailed the additional documentation required and it should have arrived October 24th. Please confirm receipt of the documents.

Thanks!

• jwintim

English - US
    I came up with

Come richiesto durante il nostro incontro in data 02 ottobre 2017, ho spedito la documentazione aggiuntiva richiesta. I documenti dovrebbero essere stati ricevuti il 24 ottobre. Si prega di confermare ricezione dei documenti.

But I was hoping to get something that sounded more professional and less like a child wrote it. haha.

thanks

Holymaloney

English (UK) / Italian - bilingual
    Hi and welcome :)
    There's nothing wrong with your attempt jw ;) but I'll offer an alternative :
    Come richiesto durante il nostro incontro in data 02 ottobre 2017, ho spedito la documentazione aggiuntiva richiesta. Si prega di fornire cortese conferma a ricezione avvenuta degli stessi
    I've simplified it by removing the bit in which you state that they should have received the documents on 24/10 as it seem a bit wordy to me :). In my sentence you're just asking them to confirm receipt of the documents (regardless of when they receive them). There are actually a load of ways to say this, so let's see what the others come up with ;)

jwintim

English - US
    Thank you for the response and help! I certainly appreciate it.

If anyone else has any other ideas I would love to learn more.

Thanks

Tellure

Italian
    Hi and welcome :)
    There's nothing wrong with your attempt jw ;) but I'll offer an alternative :
    Come concordato durante il nostro incontro del 2 ottobre 2017, ho spedito la documentazione aggiuntiva richiesta. Si prega di fornire cortese conferma a ricezione avvenuta della stessa
    :thumbsup: Sottigliezze. Spero non ti dispiaccia. :)

Last edited:

Pietruzzo

Italian
    Sarebbe "conferma della ricezione", non "a ricezione". Si parla di un'email già inviata. Io però sarei meno prolisso! "Si prega/vi prego di confermarne la ricezione".

Last edited:

Eqmeliten

English - USA
    The classic, and elegant, phrase is "cenno di riscontro" That is, "Attendo Suo cortese cenno di riscontro."

< Previous | Next >