Confucius ...

Alenchen

Russian
Can you tell me please, if this Confucius saiyng is grammatically correct:

The educated person having reached well-being has to spend his days in idleness flying a kite
Confucius

Thank you

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    The educated person having reached well-being has to spend his days in idleness flying a kite.
    Is grammatically correct (NB the full stop) but its meaning remains a mystery... (I suspect a poor translation.)

I disagree with PaulQ; I would place commas after "person" and "well-being." It is also utter nonsense, and unlikely to have been said by Confucius, so I wonder why you are wasting your time with whether it is grammatical or not.

Alenchen

Russian
    Thank you very much for your answers.
    Can you tell me,please, how can i write it correctly in English?

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    It's in the nature of aphorisms to be as concise as possible,
    That is as maybe, but
    (i) "having reached well-being" is not idiomatic at all - one does not "reach" well-being", and
    (ii) sounds distinctly "Chinglish",
    (iii) "well-being" seems to be used to mean some sort of "contentment" but it needs, even in an aphorism, to be clearer - mainly because the droplet of wisdom depends on the listener understand what state he needs to "reach".

Alenchen

Russian
    Sorry, could you tell me, if the words in this sentence are used right

The educated person, having reached contentment (well-being),should spend his days in idleness flying a kite
    Confucius

Thank you

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    That raises the questions of why a contented, but uneducated person, should not fly a kite, or why it is important to be educated in order to fly a kite.

Alenchen

Russian
    Excuse me, is this sentence alright?
    Wich word is better : contentment or welfare, should or has to, must?

The educated person, having reached contentment (or welfare),should (or has to, must) spend his days in idleness flying a kite
    Confucius
    Thank you