confused = bisexual?

< Previous | Next >

Oleg68

Russian
Is the word "confused" used in English slang as "bisexsual"?
I found this definition in Russian dictionary. I've got a doubt.

• KHS

Sometimes, when referring explicitly to sexual identity, you could say that a person is "confused" and mean that the person has not clearly figured out what his (her) sexual/gendre identity is. During a period of time like that, the person might be functioning as a bisexual, but that would not be the specific meaning of the word "confused."

If you used the word "confused" out of context, no one would guess that you were referring to sexual preference or gendre identity.

Last edited:

Oleg68

Russian
    OK. In these lines is the talking about bisexual?
    Male strippers always look like
    they're applying lotion
    Female strippers when they're dancing on the pole
    Just look like....confused firemen.
    Bo Burnham, ("Men and women")

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    No; the reference is to firefighters sliding down a pole to get from their sleeping quarters (on an upper floor) down to where the fire engines are.

The writer is saying that the pole dancer looks like a firefighter who got confused and couldn't figure out how to slide the pole.

KHS

In old-fashioned fire houses, firemen slid down a pole when an alarm went off to get to the firetruck more quickly. So, in the lines you quote, I don't see it as a sexual reference. The confusion is more about whether to go up or down...

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    In old-fashioned fire houses, firemen slid down a pole when an alarm went off to get to the firetruck more quickly.
    Many modern firehouses have poles. The only thing that's old-fashioned here is the use of the word "firemen."

< Previous | Next >