Confusing??

kevsunuk

English
I was reading a job vacancy for a driving job, It says, must have a full clean driving licence (6 minor points accepted)?
To me this doesn't make any sense????

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    The definition of 'points' will vary with your location. These usually represent infractions of driving laws.

Have you contacted the local authorities who issue drivers' licenses for a definition?

panjandrum

Occasional Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Hello kevsunuk, and welcome to WordReference.
    In the UK, drivers get "penalty points" for motoring offences.
    Click Here.

Many advertisements for driving jobs have a requirement such as you have quoted.
    As far as I know there is no legal definition of "minor points", but looking at the list, I expect that points for CD50 Causing death by careless driving when unfit through drugs are not minor points.
    Points for CU30 Using a vehicle with defective tyre(s) probably are.

liliput

U.K. English
    I believe that if you get 12 points for motoring offences in the UK they take your licence away.
    The points system has also recently been introduced in Spain.

Blumengarten

America / English
    We use points in the US too. I've never heard the phrase "full clean driving license", just "clean driving license," but I think they mean that there must be no points on your record. Most of the time, if you just have a few points (I think 3 or less, which would be for minor traffic violations like running a stop sign, and they drop off after a couple years), they disregard them, but this employer won't tolerate any points.

< Previous | Next >