congenial Oscar-winner [congenial?]

• maxiogee

Banned
    English
    I would direct you to the English Definition dictionary in the WordReference banner at the top of this page.

hly2004

Banned
    chinese
    I see, here's how I understand of
    Rain Man" is the kind of congenial multiple Oscar-winner that it seems churlish to dislike, although its execution is by no means virtuoso.

It is a Oscar winning movie that met all tastes (multiple?), so it's difficult to be disliked by people, although the film is, however,not very aritistic.

maxiogee

Banned
    English
    I see, here's how I understand of
    Rain Man" is the kind of congenial multiple Oscar-winner that it seems churlish to dislike, although its execution is by no means virtuoso.

It is a Oscar winning movie that met all tastes (multiple?), so it's difficult to be disliked by people, although the film is, however,not very aritistic.
    To keep your words as much as possible, I might phrase it differnently…

It is an Oscar-winning movie which appealed to many tastes which it's difficult to dislike although it is not very artistically produced.

river

U.S. English
    "Its execution is by no means virtuoso" does not mean that "it is not very artistically produced." It means that the execution was good, even very good, just not great.

< Previous | Next >