Congrats, Grubble, on your 6000 posts!

Andoush

Spanish (Argentina)
I seem to remember seeing a thread dedicated to Grubble and his x number of posts but simply can not find it!!!! So, here I go:

Macbeth, à la Andoush!

"Hubble bubble,
Poster in trouble...
Hold your horses!
Here comes Grubble!"

Oh my! What would my A level literature teacher have to say to that! :eek:
Anyway, congratulations, Grubble, on your 6000 posts :)!!!!!!

... y que cumplas muchos más!

Take care!
Andrea

• swift

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
    ¡ Felicidades , grubble!
    Muchas gracias por tus valiosos aportes.

grubble

British English
    Awwww, shucks guys... What can I say :eek:

Thanks so much and there's plenty more where those came from :):thumbsup:

(and if anyone can translate "Awww, shucks guys" into BrE, please let me know! I'm British and I couldn't do it:D)

ribran

English - American
    Awwww, shucks guys... What can I say :eek:

Thanks so much and there's plenty more where those came from :):thumbsup:

(and if anyone can translate "Awww, shucks guys" into BrE, please let me know! I'm British and I couldn't do it:D)

Did you learn that from Judge Judy? :D Hmmm, I've never seen any humility on that show, so probably not...

Last edited:

grubble

British English
    Did you learn that from Judge Judy? :D Hmmm, I've never seen any humility on that show, so probably not...
    You'd be amazed what I've learned from Judge Judy, not least how devious and unreasonable some of her litigants can be! However, in the case of "shucks" I think it more likely came from some 1950's Western movie of the sort that is on constant replay on certain TV channels.

:)

sound shift

English - England
    Well done, Grubble, mate.
    Can you tell me what the secret is? When I hit 1,000 there was a response, then nothing until 5,000, and there's been nothing since then. B***ards!! (Or have I put too many noses out of joint?) :D

Peterdg

Dutch - Belgium
    Thank you everyone. It is good to be appreciated. However beware, I am heading for 7,000 quite rapidly! You may have to do this all over again :eek:
    I will send you a Belgian keyboard. That will considerably slow down your typing. (at least for the first couple of weeks):D

DearPrudence

Dépêche Mod (AL mod)
    IdF
    French (lower Normandy)
    Come on, we're impartial! I thought it was because we don't like people from Derbyshire rather? :confused:
    Btw grubble, thanks for the bracelet, it fits perfectly!

swift

Spanish – Costa Rica (Valle Central)
    Haven't you met our happy auto-congratulatory foreros, Mr. Shift? :p

grubble

British English
    Well done, Grubble, mate.
    Can you tell me what the secret is? When I hit 1,000 there was a response, then nothing until 5,000, and there's been nothing since then. B***ards!! (Or have I put too many noses out of joint?) :D
    I'll tell you what isn't fair: You have over 15,000 posts and you are still only a senior member. Perhaps there should be higher levels of seniority. Maybe honourable member, superannuated member or somethng like that. :D Any suggestions? ;)

blasita

Spain. Left seven years ago
    Sorry, I'm late ... Better late than never :eek:??

Congrats, Grubble!

Gracias por tus magníficos comentarios. Que cumplas muchos, muchos más.:)

grubble

British English
    Sorry, I'm late ... Better late than never :eek:??

Congrats, Grubble!

Gracias por tus magníficos comentarios. Que cumplas muchos, muchos más.:)
    Thanks Blasita :)

By the way, how does anyone find this thread anyway? I didn't even know it existed until it was pointed out to me. In fact I didn't even know the Celebrations forum existed!

sound shift

English - England
    Bloody hell! Grubble's closing in fast on 7000! We're going to have to do this all over again, just as he warned us we would. Will he make it before the weekend? :confused: Answers on a postcard.

Last edited:

DearPrudence

Dépêche Mod (AL mod)
    IdF
    French (lower Normandy)
    Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets!
    Do we get a little piece of grubble if we win? :D

(I say Friday 2 September 2011 10:17 am)

sound shift

English - England
    I'll just nip round to William Hill's* and see if they'll give odds on DearPrudence's prediction. I won't be long!
    Presumably, "7000" is different from "6000" and requires its own thread - I wouldn't want anyone to fall foul of a moderator in full patrol mode. Perhaps I should shut up here and now.

* Un bookmaker (que les Français emploient ce terme est vachement bizarre)

Last edited:

DearPrudence

Dépêche Mod (AL mod)
    IdF
    French (lower Normandy)
    Presumably, "7000" is different from "6000" and requires its own thread - I wouldn't want anyone to fall foul of a moderator in full patrol mode. Perhaps I should shut up here and now.
    Yeah, be careful because we are definitely ruthless when it comes to threads in the congrats!
    So it isn't official his 7,000th postaniversary. As a result, you can continue the discussion here. But on Friday, you'll have to open a new thread indeed (hmm, by the way, grubble, I'll be in a meeting at that time on Friday: could you please slow down & reach 7,000 at 3:28 pm on that day please? (if need be, I can delete some old posts of yours :D))

ribran

English - American
    Grubble,

I stand in awe of you. Anyone who can juggle WordReference responsibilities and time for Judge Judy every day is a hero in my book. :p