Conscientious

< Previous | Next >

Vicky04

Argentina - Español
Hello! Which sentence is the correct one?

- I am conscientous about the ability to maintain a consistently high standard of work under pressure.
- I am conscientous with the ability to maintain a consistently high standard of work under pressuer

Thanks! :)

• Elwintee

England English
    In my view, neither sentence is correct. You are not conscientious about 'the ability', but about maintaining a high standard (etc). I would rephrase it to say: "I am conscientious, and can maintain ...".
    If you want to use the second sentence, then I think it should read: "I am conscientious, and am able to maintain...".

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Neither. You can't be conscientious about an ability to maintain. An ability is something you possess in abstraction and to a degree.

I am conscientious about the ability to maintain maintaining a consistently high standard of work under pressure.

morzh

Banned
    USA
    Russian
    Actually I thought that concepts like "conscientious" and categories one can be conscientious about should transcend the languages, as it should be similar, as long as the meaning of what "conscience" is, is also similar.

jmichaelm

English - US
    "I conscientiously maintain a high standard of work under pressure." is a correct sentence (I think). I prefer something more like "I am a conscientious worker who maintains high standards under pressure."

Copyright

American English
    A reminder to everyone that without the opinion of the original poster this is proofreading – and we don't do proofreading.

Last edited:

Vicky04

Argentina - Español
    Many thanks!! It was really diffcult for me to make it right. Actually, it is not proofreading, just a doubt I had when I was writing a CV model. :)

< Previous | Next >