Conseguimento del Diploma di Superamento

Discussion in 'Italian-English' started by TheTourist, Oct 25, 2012.

1. TheTourist New Member

Piacenza, Italy
    English - Texan
    I'm attempting to translate the following phrase from Italian to English, but running into difficulty. In particular, I'm having a difficult time translating the second portion of the below text.

Any help anyone would be greatly appreciated!

2. Paulfromitaly

Paulfromitaly MODerator

Brescia (Italy)
    Italian
    It looks like you are "attempting" without making an attempt :)

3. TheTourist New Member

Piacenza, Italy
    English - Texan
    I attempted on my own. However, I realized that my translation was neither clear nor concise and English and therefore decided to see how others might translate the phrase I posted.

I translated "Conseguimento del Diploma di Superamento dell’Esame Di Stato conclusivo del corso di studi di CHIMICA" as:

Diploma of passing the state final of the course of CHEMISTRY

This, to me, seems rather awkward and not the initial impression I would like a potential employer to form of me.

Again, thanks for your kind suggestions.

4. TheTourist New Member

Piacenza, Italy
    English - Texan
    Does this mean my translation isn't so bad after all?

5. london calling Senior Member

SALERNO, ITALY
    UK ENGLISH
    Actually, I have a feeling that nobody understands what exactly this diploma is and can't translate (I certainly don't and can't.:D).

Your translation doesn't help either: I find it incomprehensible in English as well...;)

Maybe you could explain exactly what this diploma is? I assume we're not talking about high schools here? Is it something you have to do in order to be qualified to work as a chemist or something?