Conseguimento del Diploma di Superamento

TheTourist

English - Texan
I'm attempting to translate the following phrase from Italian to English, but running into difficulty. In particular, I'm having a difficult time translating the second portion of the below text.

Any help anyone would be greatly appreciated!

Principali materie / abilità professionali oggetto dello studio
Conseguimento del Diploma di Superamento dell’Esame Di Stato conclusivo del corso di studi di CHIMICA

• TheTourist

English - Texan
    I attempted on my own. However, I realized that my translation was neither clear nor concise and English and therefore decided to see how others might translate the phrase I posted.

I translated "Conseguimento del Diploma di Superamento dell’Esame Di Stato conclusivo del corso di studi di CHIMICA" as:

Diploma of passing the state final of the course of CHEMISTRY

This, to me, seems rather awkward and not the initial impression I would like a potential employer to form of me.

Again, thanks for your kind suggestions.

london calling

UK English
    Does this mean my translation isn't so bad after all?
    Actually, I have a feeling that nobody understands what exactly this diploma is and can't translate (I certainly don't and can't.:D).

Your translation doesn't help either: I find it incomprehensible in English as well...;)

Maybe you could explain exactly what this diploma is? I assume we're not talking about high schools here? Is it something you have to do in order to be qualified to work as a chemist or something?

< Previous | Next >