conservation and community development vehicles

VicNicSor

Banned
Russian
Wilderness Safaris is part of the Wilderness organisation, a group of responsible ecotourism companies and conservation and community development vehicles that together endeavour to use responsible tourism to build sustainable conservation economies in Africa
taken from http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2631270

Could you tell me how I should read that?
1) a group of responsible ecotourism companies (I understand this)
and
2) conservation and community development vehicles (what is that? The name of the organization? The two different organizations? Or something else?)
Then, "1)" and "2)" together endeavour .... (the following is understandable)

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Could you tell me how I should read that?
    You shouldn't. :) It is very badly written by (I hope) a non-native speaker.

It seems that the safari organisation is a group of companies that have access to "conservation and community development vehicles" (whatever they are - the idea really needs explaining.)

together endeavour = working together they try.

Seriously, this sentence seems to have been constructed in a small room containing a roaring motorbike by three people, who once read a book about someone who spoke English, but they all eventually arrived at a compromise so they could all go home. :thumbsup:

RM1(SS)

English - US (Midwest)
    It seems that the safari organisation is a group of companies that have access to "conservation and community development vehicles" (whatever they are - the idea really needs explaining.)
    Definition 2, I think: a medium for the expression, communication, or achievement of ideas, information, power, etc

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Possibly, but collocating the description with a safari indicates some sort of "green" Landrover with a social conscience. :rolleyes:

< Previous | Next >