considered certified?

< Previous | Next >

yashar

Persian
Hello
Which one is correct?

If the official translator of Ministry of justice translates my documents, whether it is considered certified or not.
If the official translator of Ministry of justice translates my documents, is it considered certified?

Thank You

• dreamlike

Polish
    As per the rules of the forum, you have to tell us your opinion first. Then we will be able to comment freely on your sentences.

yashar

Persian
    Thank You
    I did not know this rule.
    I think both of them should be correct, but I am not sure about this

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    As dreamlike and, the first is not a sentence and, like the second, the "it" doesn't seem to refer to anything.

Which part of the examples are you having trouble with?

PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Then it would be "they are"...

If the official translator of Ministry of justice translates my documents, whether it is are they considered certified or not?
    If the official translator of Ministry of justice translates my documents, are they considered certified?

As you see, once the corrections are made, both are the same.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    The construction "whether or not" in your first sentence is used in sentences like the following:

I want to know whether or not the documents are considered certified.

You could use this in a longer version or your first sentence. (I would also reverse the order of the clauses.)
    I want to know whether or not my documents are considered certified if the official translator of Ministry of justice translates my documents.

However, I like your second sentence better -- with the corrections PaulQ suggests. It is shorter and clearer. :)

< Previous | Next >