considering me to shoot at your wedding

David Murray

English
I am trying to thank a potential client for possibly choosing me to take photos at her wedding.

Voila mon question:

Comment je pourais dire (ecrire), "Thank you for considering me to shoot (take pictures) at your wedding."

Merci d'avance!

David

• perdris

English, UK
    Hi David Murray, and welcome to the forum.
    How about 'Thank you for considering me as your potential wedding photographer'?
    The question is, has the bride or bridegroom already contacted you, or are you offering your services spontaneously, in which case I would suggest, 'I would be extremely pleased to be your wedding photographer'.

prambler

French - France
    Hello
    I agree with jierbe31, this would be good. And also (without the verb)
    Merci de penser à moi pour le reportage photo de votre mariage.
    Good luck, David Murray!

David Murray

English
    Je viens de trouver ce forum, et je suis tres content de voir comme on vous aider, si bien et si vite. J'espere que je peux aider quel qu'un aussi bien que vous m'aviez fait!

Merci!

David

Last edited:

David Murray

English
    Interesting point.... This expression is a hold over from my days as a photojournalist. It is common there, and as well in the wonderful world of weddings. It is used all the time in normal photographer banter.

We use it all the time to say : Shoot someone's wedding. Or if you are with someone shooting for you, you might say, seeing a photo... shoot that! Or you might even say to tell someone that you are heading to your assignment, "I am heading to my shoot."

Last edited:

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    English - USA
    Interesting point.... This expression is a hold over from my days as a photojournalist. It is common there, and as well in the wonderful world of weddings. It is used all the time in normal photographer banter.

We use it all the time to say : Shoot someone's wedding. Or if you are with someone shooting for you, you might say, seeing a photo... shoot that! Or you might even say to tell someone that you are heading to your assignment, "I am heading to my shoot."
    (I was reacting to your thread title, which says shoot at your wedding. But now you said "shoot your wedding"--which is the expression I am used to hearing as well.)

< Previous | Next >