consiglio di classe

maria.partemi

Italian
Come si può tradurre in inglese CONSIGLIO DI CLASSE o se qualcuno mi sa fornire un significato per l' equivalente organismo in Inghiterra. Thank you very much

• A "consiglio di classe" in Italy is a meeting board which is composed by representative of teachers, parents and students of the same year and the same form.
    I don't know if there is anything similar in England.
    In secondary schools there are prefects who are students with particular responsibilities and appointments, and a head prefect for each school.
    Then there are Parents' Days, when the parents can meet the teachers and there are of course Teachers Meetings.
    I don't know if they have "trilateral bodies" like we have in Italy.
    I'm also waiting for someone to come and teach us how it works in England.

dejia

Italian - Italy
    HI everybody,
    I also need a translation for this term, let's see if someone might help.
    A "consiglio di classe" is a sort of meeting held among techers (sometimes it is also open to students and parents' representatives).
    The typical example of "consiglio di classe" is when all teachers (who teach to the same class of students) gather together at the end of the year to decide the grades to give to their students and also to decide who passes to the next school year and who has to repeat the same year (and recently who has to take an exam before the starting of the following year to be admitted to it).
    Hope this will help.
    Thanks.

AlabamaBoy

American English
    My daughter, a teacher, says that the closest thing that we have to that here is a teacher staff meeting. I was thinking maybe end of school term teacher staff meeting. In my neck of the woods, a class council is mostly a planning organization involving students (elected by their classmates) and teachers.

macforever

Italian
    My daughter, a teacher, says that the closest thing that we have to that here is a teacher staff meeting. I was thinking maybe end of school term teacher staff meeting. In my neck of the woods, a class council is mostly a planning organization involving students (elected by their classmates) and teachers.

Are those meetings open to students and parents?

Mary49

Italian
    Concordo con Bill, è "staff meeting" o "teachers meeting" http://www.ascd.org/ASCD/pdf/journals/ed_lead/el_195604_stuckey.pdf
    Il problema è che nella scuola italiana si chiamano "consigli di classe" tutte le riunioni dei docenti di una classe, con qualsiasi ordine del giorno, dalla programmazione annuale, alle gite e attività varie, dalle votazioni quadrimestrali e finali (scrutini) a provvedimenti disciplinari straordinari, con o senza la presenza di genitori e/o studenti. Dato che è comunque una riunione di docenti, direi che "meeting" è la parola da usare.

AlabamaBoy

American English
    Are those meetings open to students and parents?
    Generally, no. There is a PTA (Parent-Teacher Association) that holds meetings where parents and sometimes students are permitted to attend. However, decisions about grades and promotions are not generally open to parent comment or influence. I think this is flawed because it gives teachers too much power to "punish" a student they simply don't like with a bad grade or to reward apple-polishing behavior with good grades.

Mary49

Italian
    Con la presenza di genitori e studenti: "parent-teacher-student meeting" or "parent/teacher/student meeting". In my professional experience, very productive occasions.
    Hi john,
    in Italy it depends on the type of school; students of comprehensive schools (aged 11-13) are not allowed to take part in these meetings, while there are 4 representatives of parents for each class, who cannot be present at the final assessments (scrutini).

santama

English - Canada
    For what it is worth, when we do these specific meetings to review grades and decide who gets held back, etc. (ie. only teachers and managers/chairs, no students or parents), we call them E & P meetings (Evaluation and Performance), or simply "Midterm Evaluations" or "Final Evaluations". "Staff meetings" are more general and can be about anything.

dejia

Italian - Italy
    Con la presenza di genitori e studenti: "parent-teacher-student meeting" or "parent/teacher/student meeting". In my professional experience, very productive occasions.

It's becoming interesting...
    Anyway nothing shorter than "parent-teacher-student meeting" to indicate an occasion where them all can meet, talk together and exchange opinions?