Consorzio DOP Terra di Bari

Macy

Italy and english
Struggling on this line of translation, should anyone be able to help me?

E’ quanto ha fatto il Consorzio Dop Terra di Bari attraverso i focus group nelle tre città campione realizzati da Kratos con selezioni di consumatori e responsabili d’acquisto di olio, nell’ambito del progetto di valorizzazione e marketing finanziato da Provincia di Bari e Camera di Commercio del capoluogo.

Many thanks for your time, Macy

• MünchnerFax

Italian, Italy
    Ciao Macy,

perché non ci posti anche quello che sei riuscito/a a fare finora in italiano? Se è il caso, ti correggiamo tutto. :)

Macy

Italy and english
    Hi

Because I'm not a linguist but trying to help a friend out. I can't understand the context of the three cities.

E’ quanto ha fatto il Consorzio Dop Terra di Bari attraverso i focus group nelle tre città campione realizzati da Kratos con selezioni di consumatori e responsabili d’acquisto di olio, nell’ambito del progetto di valorizzazione e marketing finanziato da Provincia di Bari e Camera di Commercio del capoluogo.

But I'll try....

Three cities in the Consortium for Dop, Terra di Bari, were recognised by a selection of consumers and buyers of olive oil, at Kratos, for making the most of their group project but also for their financial marketing of the region of Bari and that of the capital's chamber of commerce.

Not a literal translation but my understanding.

ladivarriva

Bilingual (Am. English - Italiano)
    Hi everyone!

I know this thread is quite old, but since the DOP and IGP issues in Italy have become more and more current, I thought I'd give my two cents.

In most cases, when I translate, I leave the Italian acronym as it is, but when it really is necessary to explain what we're talking about, in various documents I translated D.O.P. (denominazione di origine protetta) as "Protected Denomination of Origin" (P.D.O.) and IGP (indicazione geografica protetta) as "Protected Geographic Indication" (P.G.I.).

Hope someone finds this useful :)

White Raven

English
    I think PDO is Protected DESIGNATION of origin (rather than Denomination), if you ever have to use the full wording.

< Previous | Next >