consta una bandera del Reino de España

< Previous | Next >

brightlight

English
I am translating a text regarding taxes for buying and selling blood and semen and there are some things on the text that I
must say that they appear in the documents. For example "consta una bandera del Reino de España" or "Consta su firma."
How should I translate "consta" in such a context.... "The Flag of Spain appears" "A signature appears" or is there another
terminology in such a legal context?

• nelliot53

Spanish-[PR]; English-[US]
    DLE-RAE: constar
    1. intr. Dicho de una cosa: Ser cierta o manifiesta.
    2. intr. Dicho de una cosa: Quedar registrada por escrito, o notificada oralmente a una o varias personas.

WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2020
    attest /əˈtɛst/ v.
    1. [~ + object]to bear witness to, esp. officially:I can attest the truth of her statement.
    2. to give proof or evidence of:[~ + to + object]I can attest to her reliability.[~ + object]This essay attests your writing ability.

Bear witness the Seal of the Kingdom of Spain
    Bear proof the Signature of...

Aguas Claras

UK English
    I don't know what official translators do nowadays, but they used to put (usually in italics) "Here there is a flag of the Kingdom of Spain", "Here there is the signature of XXX" (if the signature is legible) or, more commonly, "Here there is an illegible signature" (if you can't actually read it, I don't think you should say whose it is).

A traductor jurado would be able to help you.

brightlight

English
    I don't know what official translators do nowadays, but they used to put (usually in italics) "Here there is a flag of the Kingdom of Spain", "Here there is the signature of XXX" (if the signature is legible) or, more commonly, "Here there is an illegible signature" (if you can't actually read it, I don't think you should say whose it is).

A traductor jurado would be able to help you.

Thank you, I think I will try and find a traductor jurado and ask this question

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    I am translating a text regarding taxes for buying and selling blood and semen and there are some things on the text that I
    must say that they appear in the documents. For example "consta una bandera del Reino de España" or "Consta su firma."
    How should I translate "consta" in such a context.... "The Flag of Spain appears" "A signature appears" or is there another
    terminology in such a legal context?
    @brightlight
    Please write the full sentence(s) where the fragment(s) you quoted appear(s). Only then will we able to get a better grasp of what was said -which, in turn, will help us in locating an appropriate equivalency.
    Also, supplying a bit more context on each sentence wouldn't hurt either. ;)

saludos,
    LN

brightlight

English
    @brightlight
    Please write the full sentence(s) where the fragment(s) you quoted appear(s). Only then will we able to get a better grasp of what was said -which, in turn, will help us in locating an appropriate equivalency.
    Also, supplying a bit more context on each sentence wouldn't hurt either. ;)

saludos,
    LN
    There are no sentences, it is simply the fragment(s) which appear in a legal document that I am translating and I have been asked to translate these fragments which (as I said above) I must say appear in the document. It is not a sworn text but they want it to appear to be as if it were a sworn text in the original text, I imagine.

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    There are no sentences, it is simply the fragment(s) which appear in a legal document that I am translating and I have been asked to translate these fragments which (as I said above) I must say appear in the document. It is not a sworn text but they want it to appear to be as if it were a sworn text in the original text, I imagine.
    Thanks for the explanation; now I understand that what you said on #1 ("consta una bandera del Reino de España" or "Consta su firma.") are not actual sentences but rather observations on your part.

If you are translating a legal document, you could add your observations in the same location where the marks are seen, using brackets. It's the format I've seen legal translators use (and I use myself). Like in this made-up example:

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.10.46 PM.png

Hope that helps!

saludos,
    LN

brightlight

English
    Thanks for the explanation; now I understand that what you said on #1 ("consta una bandera del Reino de España" or "Consta su firma.") are not actual sentences but rather observations on your part.

If you are translating a legal document, you could add your observations in the same location where the marks are seen, using brackets. It's the format I've seen legal translators use (and I use myself). Like in this made-up example:

View attachment 44164

Hope that helps!

saludos,
    LN
    So I don't need to translate "Que Consta" only add the "Signature" or "Flag" on the text.... Thank you very much for taking the trouble of explaining that to me.

< Previous | Next >