construction plant

Status
Not open for further replies.

apoziopeza

slovak
Hi,

Please advise, does "plant" here mean "machinery" or "factory"? What about "construction plant"?

Thanks,

A.

The Sub-Contractor shall save harmless and indemnify the Company from and against all claims, demands and proceedings for and on account of any infringement of any rights, design, trade mark, name, copyright or other protected rights in respect of the plant, machine equipment, work method or material used in the Services and from and against all claims, demands, proceedings, damages, costs, charges and expenses whatsoever, whenever and howsoever incurred in respect thereof.

The Sub-Contractor shall make available such rights in any patent, design, trade mark, name, copyright or other protected rights in respect of drawings or any construction plant, machine equipment, plant, work method know-how or material used in the Services as may be necessary for the Company to comply with the terms of the Lead Contract without charge.

• owlman5

English-US
    Hi, apoziopeza. First allow me to offer you a standard warning. If you or anybody you work for could be liable for any misunderstanding or mistranslation of this contract, you should ask a lawyer to explain it to you. Legal language is notoriously tricky, and most forum members are not qualified to give you reliable answers about this sort of language.

As an ordinary guy with no legal training, I think "plant" refers to a physical building. I suppose that "construction plant" refers to some building that is used on a construction site.

Once again, you really need a lawyer if you are trying to understand or translate this contract for a serious reason. If I were you, I wouldn't sign anything until I was sure what it meant.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >