Consultant in a company

< Previous | Next >

Yarro Gonzales

Poland/Polish
Hi business(wo)men,

I work as a consultant for a company that is not going very well. What are correct English words for my red versions below?
I have prepared the sanation program (?), a new investment plan (?) and signed an agreement with creditors as to the payment of the company’s debts.
How would you describe the situation of my company in formal, business English?
Is it in the process of reconstruction (?), fulfilling the conditions of the agreement scheme/plan (?), under certain regime?

May I say: I am running the company under the regime of debts agreement with creditors ?

Great thanks for any remarks and suggestions.

• Kelly B

USA English
    Note the spelling of sanitation; what did you do in this function? I am asking because it can refer to a number of possibilities, one of which is garbage disposal - seems an odd thing to discuss in this context. I wonder whether you mean health instead.

Not reconstruction, but restructuring, I think.
    What do you mean by regime? I do not think it is quite right, but I need more information to suggest an alternative. Perhaps: running the company according to/in accordance with the repayment plan....

foxfirebrand

Southern AE greatly modified by a 1st-generation Scottish-American mother, and growing up abroad.
    Kelly B said:
    What do you mean by regime? I do not think it is quite right, but I need more information to suggest an alternative. Perhaps: running the company according to/in accordance with the repayment plan....
    I wondered the same thing, and drew the same inference-- that the plan in question included restrictions, constituting a regimen of sorts.

I see our Spanish-English dictionary page offers diet as the primary definition of régimen, and has regime as number two.

Yarro, I think regime is a false friend of sorts. Our English-definition entry is misleading, it isn't the same as regimen. A regime is a group of political rulers, and the word can be a little negative, like junta. A regimen is a system of discipline, like a diet-- or like a debt-rescheduling plan.

UltraSkuzzi

English - Ohio, United States
    the sanation program

Depending on what you mean by sanation program, (assuming it's related to something medical, you could theoretically use: health, medical. Sanation has an implcity meaning, generally meaning garbage / rubbish, rather then cleanliness or health.

How would you describe the situation of my company in formal, business English?
    Is it in the process of reconstruction (?), fulfilling the conditions of the agreement scheme/plan (?), under certain regime?

Our company is in (reverse the word order, "is it" implies a question) the process of reorganization (reconstruction is only if you're rebuilding something physically, eg. infrastructure, scheme/plan is not needed) under certain conditions (that is my best bet, regime has a very negitive meaning in english, and is used almost exclusivly to refer to governments).

May I say: I am running the company under the regime of debts agreement with creditors ?

I am running the company under the terms of debt agreements (assuming the plural was intentional) with my creditors.

I hope that helps!

< Previous | Next >