consultante, échange internationel

mosey

USA English
hello! This is for a CV, I would like it to be translated as clearly as possible.

I am translating a job description that is as follows in english:

Advisor to students interested in studying abroad

which, i think should be something like:

Consultante aux élèves qui veulent faire un échange internationel.

ok?

• Japman

Québec, Français
    I would write: "Conseillère aux étudiants qui veulent faire un échange international."

Be careful with "élève" wich refers to students of elementary school.

Juna Frato

Dutch, living in France
    Hi Mosey,
    Well, in France job titles are not as specific as that. They're more general, and then you just specify. So in this case you'd get:
    Conseiller d'orientation pour étudiant(e)s interessé(e)s d'une expérience international.

That's it! Good luck,

Juna Frato :rolleyes:

P.S. and if you are a woman, you need to change 'conseiller' to 'conseillère'.

mosey

USA English
    wait, if I am referring to high school age kids, it would still be élèves, correct?

Thanks, Alli

Japman

Québec, Français
    I guess "élèves" would be OK for high school but I personnaly prefer "étudiants". One thing is for sure, the word "écoliers" is strictly for elementary school. Élèves has the sense of "kids" in it, while étudiants has a more "grown up and autonomus" sense.

wildan1

Moderando ma non troppo (French-English, CC Mod)
    I guess "élèves" would be OK for high school but I personnaly prefer "étudiants". One thing is for sure, the word "écoliers" is strictly for elementary school. Élèves has the sense of "kids" in it, while étudiants has a more "grown up and autonomus" sense.
    if your audience is European and your clients in your job are all secondary school students, you might use lycéens. I believe étudiant there refers strictly to university students.

< Previous | Next >