Consumer Attitude and <Their Opinion about > ...

cigogne

Persian
Hi,

I'm trying to compose a title for an article:

"Consumer Attitude Toward and Willingness to Purchase Genetically Modified Foods and Their Opinion about Necessity of Labeling These Products"

I want this title to say:

Consumer attitude toward GMFs,
consumer willingness to purchase GMFs, and
if they deem it necessary to label these products.

Does the underlined part one say what I mean?

Thanks!

• reno33

English - USA
    1- If you insist that your title contain all 3 items described (attitude, purchase and labeling), then I don't think you have a choice but to write a very long title as you did above. You can't omit what you refuse to give up and you can "compress" only so much.
    2- "...Their Opinion about..." is pretty much standard in AmerE in all spheres except perhaps "academia". (goes back to the fear of writing or saying "she" and especially "he".

3- I would opt for a much shorter title, for example:

Consumers and GMFs (genetically modified foods): Attitudes, Purchasing practices and Product labeling :tick: :tick::tick::tick:

Hint:
    I would use GMFs (genetically modified foods) as I did in my title suggestion simply because it makes you sound like you know what you're talking about (even if you don't)

Last edited:

The Newt

English - US
    It's very awkward to use the singular "consumer" and then use "their" later. (Also, "attitudes" should be plural.) How about "Consumer Attitudes on GMFs in Foods and Their Labeling"?

cigogne

Persian
    Thank you both for your comments and explanations, and thank you very much, reno33, for your suggestion.

< Previous | Next >