contrôle de cohérence

fido_dido14

India English
Bonjour,

Pourriez-vous m'aider à traduire la prhase suivante? Surtout les mots soulignés.

Merci!

Hi,

Could someone help me with the translation of the following sentence? Especially the underlined words?

Thanks in advance!

~Fido

"Lors de la modification, aucun contrôle de cohérence n'est effectué en fonction de l'ancienne valeur du champ"

• Kelly B

USA English
    The values are not checked for consistency (to verify that the new one is the same as the old one, I think.)

Francis Nugent Dixon

English - France
    Although I totally agree with Kelly B in this example, "Contrôle de cohérence" can have a wider and more general meaning.

Consistency Control - a check to see if some data is consistent with existing (associated ?) data,
    Consistency Management - the practice of checking that data entered into a computing system is consistent (or coherent) with the data already present in the system.

As a silly example : Ms. Smith born 23 Jan 2004, situation married, children 3 - would raise a "contrôle de cohérence" indication (for obvious reasons).

Consistency Checking does not necessarily identify the error, only indicate that an error exists SOMEWHERE in the data associated with a particular subject. Because this checking mechanism only shows a conflict between certain data values, it is often impossible to show where the error really is.

I hope this is not overkill !!

< Previous | Next >