contracted

< Previous | Next >

KokyS

arabic
Hi,
For the purposes of this Loan, the said Additional Budget Lines could be opened in the budget of a specific year up until 31 January of the following year and those contracted or not contracted are carried forward per the request of the MoPH.
What does "contracted" mean please in this specific context?
Source: Loan Agreement - CFF
Thanks,

• PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    Could you please give some context?
    1. Who is providing the loan?
    2. To whom are they providing it?
    3. What is to be bought with the budget?
    4. In context, what does "Budget" mean?
    5. In context, does "Additional" in "Additional Budget Lines," refer to "budget" or "lines" or both?
    :thumbsup:

KokyS

arabic
    Hi PaulQ,
    Actually it is a loan agreement between the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and a given public health ministry to finance a project aiming at helping vulnerable people to get medical assistance and care.
    Budget refers to the budget of the project and "additional" refer to "budget".
    Thanks,

PaulQ

Banned
    UK
    English - England
    As I see it, this should be understood as:
    For the purposes of this Loan, the previously stated Additional Budget categories (i.e. for which a budget may be granted) could be opened (accessed for use) in (within) the entire budget of a specific year up until 31 January of the following year, and those contracted (for which contracts have been granted) or not contracted (or have, at that time, been agreed but where no contractor has been appointed) are carried forward per the request of the MoPH.

I assume that this covers the situation in which the MoPH, on, say, 12th November of one year, takes (1) a loan in order to open a budget for the provision of pipelines to a town and (2) another loan to build a pumping station.

The MoPH appoints a contractor for (1) and the contractor says it will take 5 months. However, in the case of (2) the MoPH, on 31st January of the following year, still has not found a suitable contractor - in these cases, both loans will be carried forward.

< Previous | Next >