Contractor (construction)

< Previous | Next >

Aborn601722

English
How would you say "contractor" in Spanish? (In regards to construction....the contractor would be the person who is in charge of all the construction work on a project)

Thank you!! :)

• Aborn601722

English
    I just wanted to make sure that "contratista" refers to the same thing in English -- a the leader of a team of construction workers....as opposed to a worker who is contracted (like a contracted accountant, or a contracted designer, a contracted nurse, etc)

duvija

Spanish - Uruguay
    I just wanted to make sure that "contratista" refers to the same thing in English -- a the leader of a team of construction workers....as opposed to a worker who is contracted (like a contracted accountant, or a contracted designer, a contracted nurse, etc)
    The leader, the owner of some business.

frida-nc

English USA
    The words I find in various glossaries, dictionaries, and web examples:
    (person) contratista de construcciones, contratista de obras, constructor, contratista constructor
    (firm) empresa constructora, empresa de construcción

I think you can choose among those what would best suit your context.

Good luck.

santidale

Argentinian Spanish
    I think you are talking about "Maestro mayor de obras". That's the person who commands the workers.
    In Argentina there's a career which you get the "Maestro mayor de obras" degree. You can simply call it "Constructor" too. For example: el Maestro Mayor de Obras / el Constructor le dió las indicaciones necesarias a los albañiles (u obreros).

I hope it helps you.

< Previous | Next >