contrast between KMS costs and corporate knowledge markets'

< Previous | Next >

howwouldyousay?

Italian
"The literature describe a stark contrast between traditional KMS costs and corporate knowledge markets' "
Is it clear what I mean? That is: costs of traditional kms (knowledge management systems) are significantly higher than knowledge market costs. Should I use the possessive after "markets"?
Thank you for your help!

• Copyright

American English
    The literature describes the stark contrast between the cost of traditional KMS and that of corporate knowledge markets.

Note that comparing the costs of systems with markets seems a little odd to this layman.

howwouldyousay?

Italian
    Thank you copyright. In fact, corporate knowledge markets are a sort of knowledge management systems that adopt the logic of markets.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    I agree with Copyright: you don't need the possessive. The addition of "that of" is a better way to say it.

However, I have a different problem. In your explanation of what you want to say here, you say that traditional KMS costs are "significantly higher than knowledge market costs." However, your sentence doesn't say that. It only says that they're different: that there is a "stark contrast" between them. That doesn't tell us which costs are higher. If you want to say that KMS costs are higher, you'll need to revise that part.

howwouldyousay?

Italian
    Thank you, Egmont, you're right. I hope it will be clear with the following sentence:

The literature describe a stark contrast between the cost of traditional KMS and that of corporate knowledge markets. Adopting corporate knowledge markets, companies can obtain significant cost savings in technical support and experiment improved response time

Copyright

American English
    Adopting corporate knowledge markets, companies can obtain significant cost savings in technical support and experiment improved response time
    By adopting corporate knowledge markets, companies can realize significant cost savings in technical support and improved response times.

You had "experiment" when you probably wanted "experience," but I'm not sure you even need that. You can even replace "realize" with "enjoy."

< Previous | Next >