contrepartie

vengsiva

tamil india
Est-ce qu'on peut traduire contrepartie "the other side of" par exemple dans il faut etudier la contrepartie de la literature populaire?
vengsiva

• América

Español Bolivia
    vengsiva said:
    Est-ce qu'on peut traduire contrepartie "the other side of" par exemple dans il faut etudier la contrepartie de la literature populaire?
    vengsiva
    I think you can say counterpart as a term more literal, but I think that the other side/part of is not wrong

Binga

English
    vengsiva said:
    vengsiva
    I would translate your example as: you have to/(it's important to) study the other side to popular literature.

Gwynanne

American-U.S.A./Germany
    vengsiva said:
    vengsiva
    Peut-etre donnez un ou deux exemples des contreparties de la literature populaire. En fait, je ne comprends pas "contrepartie" dans ce sens.

GA

bernik

Brittany - french
    " Est-ce qu'on peut traduire contrepartie "the other side of" "

I don't think so. Contrepartie is not the same as counterpart.
    Contrepartie usually means there is a deal, an exchange, a compensation.

I think you could use the name 'pendant' :
    Un exemple trouvé sur le net:
    "La philosophie et son pendant populaire, les dictons"

Le problème, c'est que le mot 'pendant' est particulièrement moche. Il est peut-être possible de trouver mieux.

"Peut-etre donnez un ou deux exemples des contreparties de la literature populaire."

it would be a good idea.

vengsiva

tamil india
    Merci -Un exemple que je peux donner Chanson de Roland.Je pense l'auteur de la phrase voulait dire quelque chose comme "brighter side of"
    vengsiva

Gwynanne

American-U.S.A./Germany
    Hey,

So, he is saying that one should study the brighter side of popular litterature? I have never heard of a bright or somber side of pop lit. It doesn't make sense!

Does he give some examples of the somber side versus the brighter side?
    (I like pictures. I wish we could draw pictures here :))

Sorry if I'm not helping any. Ignore this comment if it's just confusing you more.

GA

vengsiva

tamil india
    Attention Gwynanne.Pehaps what is meant was "less mundane" or "catering to a learned audience" or something like that.From the context I could guess.Anyway thanks for writing
    vengsiva

< Previous | Next >